Welcome to Pat's Place

Thanks for stopping by Pat's Place. I hope you enjoy my blog.

As a writer, I will be blogging about many things that interest me. My posts will be about what I am writing and other things I'm doing. Enjoy!


Sunday, November 16, 2008

Contentment

In our times of financial strain and uncertainity, our pastor gave us this bit of advice from Phillipians 4:11-13 "...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him (God) who gives me strength."

The secret of contentment is to know that God is in control. He knows what is best for us and the world. Whatever the state of the world economy or our checkbook, we can be content in knowing God gives strength where needed.

No comments: