Welcome to Pat's Place

Thanks for stopping by Pat's Place. I hope you enjoy my blog.

As a writer, I will be blogging about many things that interest me. My posts will be about what I am writing and other things I'm doing. Enjoy!


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Books I'm Reading

I just finished reading Kinship and Courage trilogy by Jane Kirkpatrick. I recomend them to any one who enjoys historical fiction. In the three books, All Together in One Place, No Eye Can See and What Once We Loved, Kirkpatrick follows eleven women as they journey west from their homes. She faithfully portrays the rugged, hard life on a wagon train. They lose loved ones and dreams die. Eventually the eleven are left to struggle on to their destination alone without the help of adult men.



The women have character faults that mold them into the person they must be to survive in the emerging west. Their disappointments color their choices and their loyalty to each other remain as they build new lives. Kirkpatrick's characters are believable and loveable.

No comments: