Every experience should teach something to the participants and I want to share my learning experiences while on vacation with my family.
1. Any daughter who takes her mother on a family vacation is very brave. Add a husband and two daughters, ages 21 and 23 plus one daughter’s fiancé and I’d say she is VERRRRRY BRAVE. But my daughter handled it with ease and grace. Thanks D.
2. A man who takes his mother-in-law on a family vacation deserves a medal of honor. Thanks G. for the Gluten Free snacks and for cooking every meal while we were in the cabin. Excuse me, every meal but one. Kristin did the Elliott favorite, Taco Casserole one night.
3. Men don’t need to go the bathroom as often as women. Even after drinking 2 quarts of tea and not making use of the facilities at the previous stop.
4. Above mentioned S-I-L has a messed up sense of timing.
He: “We’ll pick you up at 4:30”
Me: “Are you serious?”
He: “Yep. Serious as a heart attack.”
Me: “I can’t leave without my coffee.”
He: “Take it with you.”
Me: “I haven’t been up that early since - well – I don’t know when.”
He: “If you’re going with me – you will see the sun rise over Kansas.”
His clock didn’t improve while on vacation either.
5. Grandmas don’t know everything. In fact they don’t know anything. They don’t understand the latest music, haven’t seen the latest movie, and don’t watch Youtube.
6. Grandmas tend to embarrass grown grandchildren with stories of when they were younger.
7. Grandmas get the best seat in the van. If she rides in the very back of the van. She’ll get sick and have to barf.
8. Grandma’s short legs are not created to climb into a 12 passenger van.
9. Don’t jump out of the van and run into the t shirt store, planning to catch the van on the next go around. Because you’ll forget your glasses and won’t know what you are buying much less the size.
10. Grandmas get the best bed in the cabin. It is close to the bathroom.
11. Grandmas should not expect to visit cemeteries on vacation, even Boot Heel is off
limits. No one likes to talk about cemeteries while on vacation.
12. Sometimes Grandmas who write get very good material while on vacation.
You will be seeing some on mine soon.
- ▼ 2009 (31)