Welcome to Pat's Place

Thanks for stopping by Pat's Place. I hope you enjoy my blog.

As a writer, I will be blogging about many things that interest me. My posts will be about what I am writing and other things I'm doing. Enjoy!


Saturday, November 17, 2012

MY INHERITANCE


The Friday Fictioneers challenge was to write a 100 word story about this picture. Here is my story.  Enjoy.


“Hey Jeb. Whatcha got there?

“Found this in my Mom’s House.”

“A jar of batteries?”

“Yep.”

“Are they any good?”

“I have no idea. I doubt it.”

“Why would she keep a jar full of dead batteries?”

“Don’t know. Sure can’t ask her now.

“Guess you’ll just throw them away? ”

“Naw. Guess, I’ll keep ‘em. You never know when you might need a jar of dead batteries.”



3 comments:

Shirley said...

How true. Because unless you test them out, do we really know they're all dead??????

Glad to have you aboard.

Beth said...

Welcome to the FF, Pat. Cute story. I'd have trouble throwing them away, too.

Unknown said...

Well,Pat. Since I have a hard time throwing anything away, I could relate to your story. Good job.