Welcome to Pat's Place

Thanks for stopping by Pat's Place. I hope you enjoy my blog.

As a writer, I will be blogging about many things that interest me. My posts will be about what I am writing and other things I'm doing. Enjoy!


Monday, November 12, 2012

A Late Friday Fictioneers

After a challenge from Shirley McCann on Saturday to write 100 words about this picture  I decided to try my first Friday Fictioneer story. 



Dear Lord:
Please bring her home safe. The weather is so bad. Rain, sleet and snow. She’s been driving for hours and I know she is tired. I’m so afraid but I know you will watch over her. It’s been so long since I’ve seen her. So much could happen to a young woman alone on the roads tonight but please keep your hand on her Lord and bring her home safe, Father. This is a grandmother's mother’s plea.

Oh, I see her headlights in the window. Thank you God for answered prayer for my granddaughter’s safe trip home.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very nicely done, Pat. My mom used to watch out her window during storms to see if I made it home. I was over 40, but she lived down the street. Some things just never change.